Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Groovin' to the Tunes

Hippies love music and listen to it almost everywhere they go. With their I-Pods and/or I-Phones plugged into their ears, they navigate urban environments, taking buses, riding bikes, or simply walking to their destinations with the latest groovy tunes blaring down their ear canals. While at home, they have their I-Macs plugged in, tuned to the coolest online music provider, ready to go at a moment’s notice. In their cars (if they have one) they have their favorite CD playing, or their I-Pod/I-Phone plugged in to the MP3 portal, laying down their favorite tracks. In fact, if one were to come across a hippie in the Costa Rican rainforest, it is almost assured that said hippie will have a musical device ready to whip out and entertain the natives they hope to encounter. Of course, all of these devices – the I-Phone, I-Pod, I-Mac and whatever else they use to pipe in the tunes – all are powered by fossil-fuel spewing, nonrenewable energy sources, which as we all should know contributes to global warming, which the hippies claim they will do anything to combat. Anything, it seems, except giving up their near-24 hour music fest they apparently can’t live without. What hypocrites!

No comments:

Post a Comment